- The Best Picture Books of 2009
- The Best Speculative Fiction of 2009
- The Best of 2009: Bookseller's Choice
- The Best Romances of 2009
- Private Stock: Christgau's Favorites
- The Best Books of 2009 on Technology & the Interne...
- The Best Books of 2009 in History & Philosophy
- The Best Children's Books of 2009: Chapter Books
- The Best Books in Translation of 2009
- The Best Science & Nature Books of 2009
Expounding the well-known link between genetics and cancer, this scientific history recounts the initial discovery of a gene mutation that eventually led to enormous breakthroughs in the fight against leukemia.
Emma Brockes' mother Paula escaped from South Africa with a smuggled pistol and a dark secret. A daughter unravels her family's covert past -- and a suspenseful legal drama -- in this hard-boiled memoir of survival.
Expand your memory, puzzle-solving skills, and sense of metaphysical wonder with philosopher Daniel C. Dennett's tasting menu of user-friendly neuroscience and poetic lingual pursuits.