- The Best Picture Books of 2009
- The Best Speculative Fiction of 2009
- The Best of 2009: Bookseller's Choice
- The Best Romances of 2009
- Private Stock: Christgau's Favorites
- The Best Books of 2009 on Technology & the Interne...
- The Best Books of 2009 in History & Philosophy
- The Best Children's Books of 2009: Chapter Books
- The Best Books in Translation of 2009
- The Best Science & Nature Books of 2009
Simon Winchester (The Professor and the Madman) chronicles singular individuals ("Explorers, Inventors, Eccentrics and Mavericks") whose stubborn genius lashed a nascent nation together into a powerful and glorious whole.
Do today's fashion figures fail to loom as mythically as those of yore? Amanda Mackenzie Stuart celebrates the life and career of an iconic giants of yesteryear with empathy and panache.
Doug Dorst (The Surf Guru) brings to life a unique mystery from the imagination of co-author (and director of the upcoming Star Wars sequels) J. J. Abrams: a novel designed to look like a library book filled with news reports, postcards, and two lovers' mash notes.