Displaying articles for: February 2011
- Evan S. Connell: Bridging the Islands
- A Pleasing Terror: Kingsley Amis's "The Green Man...
- The Purple Cloud
- A Duckburg Holiday
- Religio Medici and Urne-Burial
alism in American Life
- Mediterranean Breeze
- Diamond in the Roughneck: The Books of Harry Crews
- Stranger Magic: Charmed States and the Arabian Nig...
- A Dreamer of Mars: Edgar Rice Burroughs and John C...
This new collection of some of the best of overseas reportage includes articles from Joan Didion, Tim Judah and Susan Sontag, with topics ranging from impromptu theater in conflict-ridden Sarajevo to a gravediggers’ strike in Liverpool.
In this searing African crime novel, former Maasai warrior Detective Mollel must defy a corrupt Nairobi government to solve the case of a murdered tribe woman.
This Tarantino-esque thriller finds shop girl Allie and a Wonder Bread bag full of cocaine on the run from a vindictive hit man - after she discovers her dress shop is a front for a narcotics ring.