Displaying articles for: October 2011
- A Pleasing Terror: Kingsley Amis's "The Green Man...
- The Purple Cloud
- A Duckburg Holiday
- Religio Medici and Urne-Burial
alism in American Life
- Mediterranean Breeze
- Diamond in the Roughneck: The Books of Harry Crews
- Stranger Magic: Charmed States and the Arabian Nig...
- A Dreamer of Mars: Edgar Rice Burroughs and John C...
- "We Revel in a Crowd of Any Kind": Dickens the Jou...
Thespian-turned-P.I. Jasmine Sharp searches for a missing actress and veteran detective Catherine MacLeod tries to solve the case of a murdered one. Their paths intertwine amid the Scottish theater community with uproarious and gory results.
Recounting the struggles and eventual dissolution of a family textile business in Prato, Italy, Story of My People is a heartbreaking memoir about the personal impact of globalization.
A controversial sensation in Norway, A Man in Love is the second book of six in the series, detailing Knausgaard’s separation from his wife, his move to Stolkholm and the dogged pursuit of a mesmerizing poet.