- A Pleasing Terror: Kingsley Amis's "The Green Man...
- The Purple Cloud
- A Duckburg Holiday
- Religio Medici and Urne-Burial
alism in American Life
- Mediterranean Breeze
- Diamond in the Roughneck: The Books of Harry Crews
- Stranger Magic: Charmed States and the Arabian Nig...
- A Dreamer of Mars: Edgar Rice Burroughs and John C...
- "We Revel in a Crowd of Any Kind": Dickens the Jou...
Emma Brockes' mother Paula escaped from South Africa with a smuggled pistol and a dark secret. A daughter unravels her family's covert past -- and a suspenseful legal drama -- in this hard-boiled memoir of survival.
Expand your memory, puzzle-solving skills, and sense of metaphysical wonder with philosopher Daniel C. Dennett's tasting menu of user-friendly neuroscience and poetic lingual pursuits.
Thespian-turned-P.I. Jasmine Sharp searches for a missing actress and veteran detective Catherine MacLeod tries to solve the case of a murdered one. Their paths intertwine amid the Scottish theater community with uproarious and gory results.