- Michael Connelly: The Gods of Guilt
- The Voice: Tracey Thorn's Pop Journey
- Stephen R. Donaldson: The Believer
- Capturing Bird: Stanley Crouch on Kansas City Ligh...
- Doris Kearns Goodwin on The Bully Pulpit
- John Freeman: How to Read a Novelist
- Death of an Alchemist: Gavin Edwards on River Phoe...
- D. J. Taylor: The Art of Writing Revisionist Histo...
- Jeff VanderMeer: Wonderbook
- Jesmyn Ward: Men We Reaped
Simon Winchester (The Professor and the Madman) chronicles singular individuals ("Explorers, Inventors, Eccentrics and Mavericks") whose stubborn genius lashed a nascent nation together into a powerful and glorious whole.
Do today's fashion figures fail to loom as mythically as those of yore? Amanda Mackenzie Stuart celebrates the life and career of an iconic giants of yesteryear with empathy and panache.
Doug Dorst (The Surf Guru) brings to life a unique mystery from the imagination of co-author (and director of the upcoming Star Wars sequels) J. J. Abrams: a novel designed to look like a library book filled with news reports, postcards, and two lovers' mash notes.