Displaying articles for: July 2011
- Five Overlooked SF/F/H Books of 2013
- Nelson Mandela, 1918-2013
- The Kind of Thing You Still Write About: A Guest P...
- Reading Lessing: Writers Reflect
- Discover Authors and the 2013 Whiting Writers Awar...
- Alice Munro, Nobel Laureate
- Cracking Hard Case Crime
- A Tribute to Frederik Pohl
- It Seemed Like a Dark and Tragic Tale: A Conversat...
- BNR Recommends: The Best Science Fiction and Fanta...
Simon Winchester (The Professor and the Madman) chronicles singular individuals ("Explorers, Inventors, Eccentrics and Mavericks") whose stubborn genius lashed a nascent nation together into a powerful and glorious whole.
Do today's fashion figures fail to loom as mythically as those of yore? Amanda Mackenzie Stuart celebrates the life and career of an iconic giants of yesteryear with empathy and panache.
Doug Dorst (The Surf Guru) brings to life a unique mystery from the imagination of co-author (and director of the upcoming Star Wars sequels) J. J. Abrams: a novel designed to look like a library book filled with news reports, postcards, and two lovers' mash notes.